Help - Definition details
A single dictionary term or data element.
Each individual piece of information or data contained in a Report is called a Definition. On a paper form these would be the ‘fields’ required to be filled out, for example name, address, tax file number.
When not used in a Report, Definitions have a basic set of constraining, standard requirements. Standard Definitions reduce the need for government agencies to create new Definitions for their Reports.
A single Definition can be used across any number of Reports. The context varies according to the government agency requiring the information.
Definition ID: The unique identifier for a Definition. The 'DE' prefix is an abbreviation for 'Data Element'.
Description: A description of the Definition
Guidance: Provides additional information on the definition where applicable
Standard Reference: A reference to a standard (e.g. Australian or external standards)
Technical detail box: The technical details for a Definition:
- Data Element Name: The technical name for a definition in the SBR AU Taxonomy
- Schema: Identifies the version of the information classification that the definition is contained within.
- Status: The status of a definition though its development life cycle (e.g. Published or deprecated)
- Period type: An attribute of a definiton used to specify time period (e.g. Duration or instant)
- Balance type: An attribute of a definiton used to specify values for monetary datatypes only (e.g debit or credit)
- Data type name: A domain of allowed values. Used to restrict the allowable values on definitions (e.g. Monetary)
Content in this report
A search section allowing users to easily search for and display the fields below
- Report name: The unique name for a report
- Report labels: Labels represent fields in the report. A report label assists in the understanding of a definition within the context of a report.
- Report Guidance: Additional information that provides specific guidance in relation to the use of a definition within the report.
- Report Legal references: Legal references for definitions used in the context of the report
Agency Filter: Filters results to only display Reports owned by the selected Agency
Search dropdown: Sorts all results by
- A - Z (Alphabetical order)
- Z - A (Descending alphabetical Order)
Results per page dropdown: Specifies the number of records displayed per page by
- Show all